I have been wanting to take some classes on cake making and decorating but have yet to take one. My dream is to be able to make birthday cakes for my kids that look cute and professional. I can't stand spending a bunch of money on a cake. I spent eighty dollars on Addison's first birthday cake and barely anyone ate, same story with her baptism cake and this past years cake was fifty dollars. I like to think that Kevin and I are pretty creative and could make some pretty killer cakes if I had some proper training. In the mean time I have had some fun with cupcakes. I made a garden of cupcakes for Addison's last birthday and for the forth of july I made corn on the cob cupcakes. I can't take credit for the ideas they were from a book I borrowed from my friend Jill, but it sure was fun making them. Even Kevin and Paul joined in on the fun. We all stood in the kitchen placing yellow and white jelly belly jelly beans on top of the cupcakes. Of course all the while the guys were making fun of the fact that I spent almost twelve dollars on jellybeans that most people ended up picking off, it was still fun. I'm hoping to get into a class or two before Addison's birthday because I already have some big ideas for her party. I'm pretty excited to do Mason's first birthday too but I'm not rushing either. I'm not quite ready to have a four year old and a one year old. It will be cool to look back on pictures and say I made their birthday cupcakes and or cakes.
Monday, July 11, 2011
Mommy Moment: A New Interest
I have been wanting to take some classes on cake making and decorating but have yet to take one. My dream is to be able to make birthday cakes for my kids that look cute and professional. I can't stand spending a bunch of money on a cake. I spent eighty dollars on Addison's first birthday cake and barely anyone ate, same story with her baptism cake and this past years cake was fifty dollars. I like to think that Kevin and I are pretty creative and could make some pretty killer cakes if I had some proper training. In the mean time I have had some fun with cupcakes. I made a garden of cupcakes for Addison's last birthday and for the forth of july I made corn on the cob cupcakes. I can't take credit for the ideas they were from a book I borrowed from my friend Jill, but it sure was fun making them. Even Kevin and Paul joined in on the fun. We all stood in the kitchen placing yellow and white jelly belly jelly beans on top of the cupcakes. Of course all the while the guys were making fun of the fact that I spent almost twelve dollars on jellybeans that most people ended up picking off, it was still fun. I'm hoping to get into a class or two before Addison's birthday because I already have some big ideas for her party. I'm pretty excited to do Mason's first birthday too but I'm not rushing either. I'm not quite ready to have a four year old and a one year old. It will be cool to look back on pictures and say I made their birthday cupcakes and or cakes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment