








Oh what a beautiful morning! Oh what a beautiful day! Yesterday was such a wonderful day. I awoke to Addison handing me a car and Kevin delivering me breakfast in bed. Breakfast was waffles and juice complete with my favorite magazine and a the tray decorated with red roses. Kevin had gotten me a Pandora bracelet a few months ago and gave me a gift certificate to get charms for my bracelet for mother's day. He so sweet and thoughtful. He and Addison tried to make me a mold of Addison's hand but Addison kept squishing up her hands so the mold was all messed up.It is the thought that counts!
This year we decided to celebrate Mother's Day at Huber's Farm. We had a fabulous time. Attendees included: Addison, Kevin, Me, Grandma Jackie, Poppie, Paw Paw Harris, Nana De De, Paw, Dianna, Danielle, Jason, Kayla, and Danielle's mom. The food was great and tasted better since I didn't have to cook it. (Funny but true, my mom's grilled cheeses tastes so much better then if I were to make it-I could make it the same exact way but it just tastes better coming from mom.)
After a great lunch we took Kayla and Addison out to visit the animals. There were goats, cows, ducks, fish, pigs, roosters. It was cool, I actually got to hear a real rooster say, "cock-a-doodle-doo". I really haven't ever heard it in person. Weird thing is, the sun was already up and he just kept cock-a-doodle-dooing. We took a tractor ride around and the farm got to feed the animals. They tractor driver gave us little containers filled with feed. Well, Addison loved the noise the feed made in the container when she shook it so there was no way she was giving her food to any animals. Deanna and Dianna did not want me to let Addison keep the feed for fear she would open the container and swallow the contents. So I feed the animals when Addison wasn't looking and De De filled the empty container with rocks. I guess it is less dangerous to swallow rocks?!
Last but not least we visited the winery and gift shops. By this time Addison was feeling very sleepy. We loaded up the car and headed home. It was wonderful to spend the day with family. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves and we may have to repeat Mother's Day at Huber's again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment