Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hooray It's Valentine's Day!































































Um so as much as I hate to admit it, I think Addison is a wee bit spoiled. Between Grandparents, Family, and Friends this child gets a lot of lovin' and a lot of stuff. This Valentine's Day I decided Kevin and I didn't need a big fancy dinner and lavish gifts, our family, our health,and our love is the best gift of all. I did However, get Addison a few little things and so did Poppie (all on his own) and Grammy, and Holly and Brian.

My parents always get me a gift every year, just as a cute way to say I love you. My Mom got me a sweet necklace that has a little sun on it. I love it because sometimes I call Addison, Sunny. She is my little ray of sunshine. Sometimes I say, Sunny Funny Honey Bunny and she laughs and says to back. I know I'm weird but, that is just what makes me Andrea.

Daddy got me a sweet snugglie heart blanket because I am a blanketaholic and I'm always cold and a Jar of Red Hot Fire Balls (YUMMO). Kevin got his favorite gift from Mom and Dad, money. My dad had a heart-shaped cookie cake made for Addison that says, "I love you , Poppy." I love the idea. She loves cookies and it was from Poppy so it is doubly delicious!Poppy also gave her a giant Dora coloring book and cool triangular crayons. Grammy gave her coloring books, Dora Markers, Beads, suckers and a bear. Holly and Brian gave Addison I huge heart shaped sucker, Dora chocolates, A Dora bubble whistle (thanks guys for the whistle, I will buy your first kid a drum set) and a Dora puzzle.

I know Valentine's day isn't about how much "Stuff" you acquire but, about taking the time out to say, I love you. Everyone seems so busy these days and gets caught up in their own lives and busy schedules but, if it weren't for love none of us would be here. Jesus loved us all so much he gave up his life for our sins. Just think of how profound that it is. Think about how much you love your parents for everything the have and haven't done,all the love they have shown you and your family,how they are always there to take care of you. You love your sisters and brothers despite the many fights you have had. You love your family no matter how great the distance there may be between you and them. You love your children even when they are in your belly and are just a speck on an ultrasound. You love your friends despite how many days may go in between phone calls and visits for you know that if you need them they are there no questions asked. You love your neighbors for lending you eggs, shoveling your drive, giving you hand me downs, and letting you borrow tools. I can fall in love with a complete stranger. I know that sounds weird but I can watch people just random people going about their everyday life and I can just love them. I can see myself in others, in their struggles, in their ambitions, in their sorrows, and in their moments of joy. The Beatles are right, All you need is LOVE. Let Valentines Day be a day to open every one's eyes to how we should love each other everyday. Take time to give those hugs and kisses, say I love you even if it makes you uncomfortable and your not a mushy person. Be that neighbor that lends and egg, or that sister that picks up the phone first and calls. We are all so very blessed stop looking at what you don't have and start being thankful for what you do have. I love you all and couldn't picture my life without you. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: